Friday, January 23, 2009

In a just world: and the Oscar goes to...

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor: Richard Jenkins in "The Visitor"

Best Actress: meh... I apparently missed every movie in this category.

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey Jr. in "Tropic Thunder"

(Posthumous Oscar seems unlikely for Heath Ledger... who was that again? Hollywood has the memory of a goldfish. This category goes to show how weak the field was this year.)

Best Supporting Actress: Apparently, women were only in mediocre movies this year, which I avoided. Or, I'm sexist in selecting movies. Either way.

(No, I'll blame Hollywood: where are the good roles for women?)

Best Director: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Milionaire"

Best Animated Film: WALL-E (by a mile. Or par-sec.)


I'll stop here, though I would like to see "Waltz with Bashir." Otherwise, I've got nothing to say.

How say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment