Sunday, December 21, 2008

So this is Christmas. And what have you done?

Christmas music inspires such joy in so many people. It evokes a festive, holiday mood, dispells loneliness, conjures up a wonderous universe of white Christmases, talking snowmen, drummer boys who never stop with the pa-rum-pum-pum-puming. Seriously? These are songs? The little drummer boy didn't even come with a gift. Shame on you David Bowie.



I'll spare you the horrific Bob Seger version, which is all over the place for some utterly inexplicable reason. I guess they need to fill programming space?

I would much rather listen to Chocolate Rain over and over again. But seriously, Little Drummer Boy is just lazy songwriting. I count 21 pa-rum-pum-pum-pums, which quite neatly obviate the need for a chorus, or for rhyming.

Come to think of it, Chocolate Rain has much more in common with Little Drummer Boy than I first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment